Go to Employees menu >> More tab >> Leave Management >> Click on Leave Year End.
Select Previous Leave Year and click on Process.
Note: After processing the Leave Year , the new leave year will be created by default.
Once leave year is processed , refer the below path to cross check the same
Go to Payroll settings >>Holidays >>click on add leave year
If the leave year is activated, the admin will be able to view the year as “Active “as per the below image:
- Leave year end has to be processed only after the completion of leave year,
For instance, you can run it on 1st of January in case leave year is from January to December, if leave year is from April to March, run it on 1st of April.
2. Once leave year-end is processed, based on leave configuration leave balance be carried forward to the next leave year and employee cannot apply leave for previous leave year.
3. Before processing leave year ensure all pending leave applications of employees are either approved/rejected.
4. Post completion of leave year-end process, employees can not apply leave for previous leave year.
5. Leaves cannot be applied spanning 2 leave years. For example: if Leave to be taken from 27th Dec to 3rd Jan, then it has to be split while applying leaves by employees as 2 records i.e., 27th to 31st Dec and 1st to 3rd Jan.
6. If we have updated the maximum Leave balance in Rules tab the Max Carry forward at year-end option in En-cashment tab will not be considered.
The mentioned balance under “Max Leave” will be carried forward to next year and not that year end.