Process Leave Year
Go to Employees menu >> More tab >> under Leave Management >> click on Leave Year End link.
Select Previous Leave Year and click on Process.
Note: After processing the Leave Year end, the new leave year will be created by default.
1. Leave year end has to be processed only after the completion of leave year, for instance, you can run it on 1st of January in case leave year is from January to December, if leave year is from April to March, run it on 1st of April.
2. Once leave year-end is processed, based on leave configuration leave balances will get carry forward to next leave year and employee cannot apply leaves for previous leave year.
3. Before processing leave year ensure all pending leave applications of employees are either approved/rejected.
4. Post completion of leave year-end process, employees can not apply leaves for previous leave year.
5. Leaves cannot be applied spanning 2 leave years. For example: if Leave to be taken from 27th Dec to 3rd Jan, then it has to be split while applying leaves by employees as 2 records i.e., 27th to 31st Dec and 1st to 3rd Jan.
6. If we have updated the Max Leave balance in Rules tab the Max Carry forward at year-end option in En-cashment tab will not be considered. Whatever the balance you have mentioned under Max Leave balance that will be carried forward to next year instead of Max carry forward at year end.